Profile Photo

Virtual Anti-corruption Bootcamp

• Public Group
  • 2 months, 2 weeks ago

members

Do you already teach children about anti- corruption in your schools?

Home Forums Virtual Anti-corruption Bootcamp Do you already teach children about anti- corruption in your schools?

21 voices
23 replies
  • Author

Do you already teach children about anti-corruption in your schools? If you do, what does it involve?

Grace GodspowerGrace Godspower
      Participant

I have not start teaching it in my school due to COVID 19 issue but as soon as it’s over, I will by you God’s grace

Rabiu Sabo AhmedRabiu Sabo Ahmed
        Participant

No, but I need to start teaching them after the school activities are reset

Grace GodspowerGrace Godspower
      Participant

I have not start teaching it in my school due to COVID 19 issue but as soon as it’s over, I will by God’s grace

Patience AgiendePatience Agiende
      Participant

Before now we teach children about having Integrity not as a subject but as one the activities we do have in school let me say is like a club but all the students participate in it.
      It involves a drama series
      Title: The child with Integrity
      Then we have different write ups/ qoutes on Integrity pasted all round the wall and the classes of the school

Fatimo OlasunkanmiFatimo Olasunkanmi
      Participant

I have not ma’am. Hopeful after this training it will commence in my school.

Ernest EbongErnest Ebong
      Participant

We do teach children Honesty, Integrity, and truthfulness but not in a detail aspect or been specific in the area of corruption. it has always been a class to enable them apply this principles in their day to day life, living and doings

Onome OkuribidoOnome Okuribido
      Participant

Yes we have started teaching children about Integrity which is part if Anti- Corruption.
      We introduced it as as “Character Formation” in our school because the school’s Motto is “Education And Integrity” also because it is one of our core values.
      We teach it through Playlets, Posts on Bulletin Boards, Talks by Teacher at Assembly,Talks given by the children themselves on club days.
      We also teach them through practice. Children seat in Offices/ cubicles when writing Tests or Exams. Also if a child is reported as taking another’s property like Wrist Watch or other fancy things, we do not beat but counsel them to return it. After that we make them search the meaning of Integrity in the Dictionary and add to their vocabulary and also write a composition on the topic.

Elizabeth AreElizabeth Are
      Participant

I have not started really but we do teach some values like integrity, obedience, honesty etc. I gave some of them Emeka’s money to read and give me feedback before the lockdown. So, by God’s grace we will start Anti-corruption when school resume.

Onome OkuribidoOnome Okuribido
      Participant

Yes we have started teaching children about Integrity which is part if Anti- Corruption.
      We introduced it as as “Character Formation” in our school because the school’s Motto is “Education And Integrity” also because it is one of our core values.
      We teach it through Playlets, Posts on Bulletin Boards, Talks by Teacher at Assembly,Talks given by the children themselves on club days.
      We also teach them through practice. Children seat in Offices/ cubicles when writing Tests or Exams. Also if a child is reported as taking another’s property like Wrist Watch or other fancy things, we do not beat but counsel them to return it. After that we make them search the meaning of Integrity in the Dictionary and add to their vocabulary and also write a composition on the topic.
      We also teach Examination Mal- Practice and such other topics in Religious & National Values Education.

Victor OdehVictor Odeh
      Participant

Well to me as a Christian School where I teach, we basically teach them good morals, the ways of God and as well having integrity in what ever they do not necessarily on the issue of anti- corruption but before the pandemic we we’re glad that your team visited and began the work of educating this young ones to understand what corruption is all about different from disobedience and so on…!
      So I will likely say that as a teacher I haven’t started on my own to pass this knowledge of anticorruption to my pupils yet.

Emmanuel AdurojaEmmanuel Aduroja
      Participant

No, because of the PANDEMIC Zaga.

Esther Eke JohnEsther Eke John
      Participant

Yes, but not as a subject and not in detail

Maryam JahunMaryam Jahun
      Participant

No we do not teach anti corruption in our school but will do as soon as school resumes.
      We however teach them values like Integrity,honesty,trustworthiness,kindness e.t.c we give them projects on it to act it write stories about it and overall we try to emulate as teachers and also enforce it on the pupils through the day to day activities.

Esther Eke JohnEsther Eke John
      Participant

Yes,but not as a subject. We teach moral values like being honest,kind, showing love to one another ,to be their brother’s keeper, etc

Abimbola MaryAbimbola Mary
      Participant

Have not started teaching it in my school due to covid 19. But has soon has school open I will surely teach it by God grace.

Shola MosesShola Moses
      Participant

Well due to the pandemic we can’t teach the student anything about anti corruption now but hopefully when all this is over but we have teach student about having integrity and been honest in whatever they do so I look forward to teaching the student about anti corruption once school resumes

Deborah OtokaDeborah Otoka
      Participant

Deborah Philip otoka
      Yes.
      Just as a topic when teaching civil education.

Paul UyammaduPaul Uyammadu
      Participant

We at The Paul’s Mission Academy teach Moral Education which involves value and Intergity Lesson. We don’t have curriculum that addresses Anti corruption education directly.
      Am sure that one of the WHYS of been part of Step up Nigeria is to be more equipped with relevant knowledge and materials to amplify our moral education.
      Thanks

OSHINAYA OluwakemiOSHINAYA Oluwakemi
      Participant

No not directly although we have prep talks on Tuesday and Thursday that focuses on instilling good morals in our pupils/students.
      However since my director is also in on this program, I’m sure when school reopen it will be catered for.

Joy PatrickJoy Patrick
      Participant

In my school, we have not really started teaching anti corruption education. But in our civic education, social studies and moral education, we have topics that Talks about integrity and honesty. So we teach them as topics not as a subject.

With this training I can see the need in taking it further making it more than just a topic. In our text books.

If we are to teach anti corruption it will involve teaching aids, like text books chart audio visuals etc
      It will also involve a teacher that this student will look up to and see exactly what they teach, I mean teachers that have integrity and are not corrupt.

Thank you

Margaret Ebo AchiMargaret Ebo Achi
      Participant

No we don’t teach anti- corruption Education as a subject in my school at the moment .We just teach values ( integrity, honesty, kindness e.t.c) which revolves around a subject called Religion and National Values.

Oluwaseyi SuwebatOluwaseyi Suwebat
      Participant

We teach the students to have integrity and always say the truth no matter the situation, but I have not taught them anti corruption as a topic, which will commence immediately the school resume. My aim is to make it as part of their attitude and not just a lesson. So that they can grow with it and know it their responsibility to be of good conduct and stay away from any criminal act. In order to make the teaching effective audio books, chart, drama by the students, textbook and writing materials for the students will be needed. Thanks

Haliru MuhammadHaliru Muhammad
      Participant

Yes we do,basically during the club days,we organised a program called “mentor/mentee” .this program provides an avenue for students to interact freely with their teachers,they say alot during this program, some confess bad things they have done and regretted doing it while some also speak of their future desires.
      Therefore we teachers also use this opportunity to teach,advise and caution them on needs for integrity and effects of corruption in school and even after school.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Course Instructors

Profile Photo
Zainab Haruna
@zainab
Profile Photo
Onyinye Ough
@onyinye-ough