Profile Photo

Flying Start Anti-corruption Basic Course

• Public Group
  • 2 months, 2 weeks ago

members

Should death penalty be given to corrupt offenders? If yes why, If no why

Home Forums Flying Start Anti-corruption Basic Course Should death penalty be given to corrupt offenders? If yes why, If no why

6 voices
5 replies
  • Author

Should death penalty be given to corrupt offenders? If yes why, If no why?

No, death penalty should not be given to corrupt offenders. There is no need to kill since it is not a murder case. When corrupt offenders are caught, they should be seriously be prosecuted by seizing the properties they accured and let them be sentence to certain years in the prison. Death sentence may affect their immediate family. My take

Cordelia EboaguCordelia Eboagu
      Participant

Despite the impunity with which corruption is carried out, death penalty should not be given to offenders.
      If death penalty is taken as a option, more then half of the country’s population will be killed. Besides, there is no evidence that death penalty will prevent corruption.
      Some nations that took it as option are still neck deep in corrupt practices.
      Furthermore, death penalty is a violation of citizen’s right as every one has the right to life irrespective of crime committed.
      This does not mean that the law will not be applied. There are a wide array of options that can be applied to the offenders. These includes but not limited to prison terms , confiscation of properties and monies involved.
      It should be clearly pointed out that death penalty is not constitutional. Some people might even be framed , whereas they are innocent.

Emmanuel IGIETSEMHEEmmanuel IGIETSEMHE
      Participant

I don’t think it is up to us to decide on these rather the law should able to decide the faith of this one’s on account of their offence they have committed. For me If the offence they committed stated by law is death penalty it should be so and if otherwise I think it should be jail sentence

Ajet SandraAjet Sandra
      Participant

No!! Death penalty should not be given to corrupt offenders. Know that God is Merciful!! Corrupt offenders should be given the opportunity to return every property/funds in there custody. And there should be an accountability on what the recovered funds is used for. The corrupt offenders could be given a specified years of jail term

Margaret AwosikaMargaret Awosika
      Participant

No, every offender can always repent and become useful to the society eventually.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Course Instructors

Profile Photo
Zainab Haruna
@zainab
Profile Photo
Onyinye Ough
@onyinye-ough